Below is our basic code of conduct by which all members are expected to adhere to in all situations where their membership in our guild is visible (this includes outside of the guild and outside of the site). Most of these “rules” are basics that any Christian should be following.
- Jesus is Lord of our guild. This means that He is our first concern and priority in our interactions with each other. This also means that in all things God should be honored and glorified even if His name isn’t spoken.
A Pharisee asked “Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the law of Moses?”
Jesus replied “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment.
- People are more important than the game. The game comes second to the needs of people. If someone needs prayer we stop game discussion and pray. If someone is sick or not feeling well, they are automatically excused from their responsibilities in the guild (whether its showing up for a raid or helping with an event).
Jesus Continued A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.” – Matthew 22:36-40
- All discussions should be family-friendly There is a time and place for sensitive topics, but “public” chat or voice chat is not the place. This means no crude, obscene, sexually explicit, profane, or otherwise deemed inappropriate language (officers discretion).
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. – Ephesians 4:29 (NIV)
- Our purpose for existing is to provide a safe haven for Christians. Expression of beliefs or opinions (specifically, those not Biblically based) comes second to the comfort and safety of guild members.
1 We who are strong must be considerate of those who are sensitive about things like this. We must not just please ourselves. 2 We should help others do what is right and build them up in the Lord. 5 May God, who gives this patience and encouragement, help you live in complete harmony with each other, as is fitting for followers of Christ Jesus.- Romans 15:1-2,5 (NLT)
- This is an indisputably Christian guild. Attempting to convert guild members to other religions (including the cults of Jehovah’s Witness, Mormonism, etc) is not acceptable. We do not infiltrate other guilds to impose our beliefs and we expect the same courtesy.
But there were also false prophets in Israel, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will cleverly teach destructive heresies and even deny the Master who bought them. In this way, they will bring sudden destruction on themselves. – 2 Peter 2:1 (NLT)
Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” – John 14:16 (HCSB)
- This site and our guild is not a debate tank. We welcome a limited number of polite questions, but will not turn our safe haven into a place where Christians are constantly on the defensive. There are hundreds of places around the Internet to debate, challenge, and attack Christianity; this isn’t one of them.
- Our time is important. It is because we have lives outside the game that we expect players to respect the time of others (and thus be prepared). This includes but is not limited to: researching raids/dungeons, being prepared at raid time, being appropriately geared for the content, keeping your AFK’s short (5 minutes or less) and excusing yourself if they are longer or interferes with others play time.
- You’re only as good as your word. This includes signing up for raids. We understand things in life may arise that may interfere with your commitments, but if you sign up for a raid it is a commitment. If you miss a raid apologize.
- While as a member of our guild you carry our tag in and out of game. Your actions and words represent not only our clan and its members, but Christianity. Be a good ambassador.